Varieties of hosting services
A hosting solution is associated with stashing and/or sharing given content on a web hosting server managed by a hosting supplier. There are different categories of hosting services utilized for various goals, so let's take a look at these. In this way, you can conclude what you want, depending on whether you desire to establish a web page, mail address accounts, or to share files with mates and partners.
- File hosting: a service provided by given web hosts, which permits you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archives, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole goal is to share files, since it does not offer website uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to view a register of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to see .html or .php web page files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file storage solutions are frequently supported by displaying ads beside the download links, while a timer compels you to await a specific span of time to perceive them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you have a paid file hosting plan, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limit in regard to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the help of the cPanel hosting merchants, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is an entirely inaccurate explanation of the literal connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would split the workload between individual groups of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending different web page hosting services (mail, data storage, statistics, DNS, databases, site hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is just a brand of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; certain distributors offer a hosting service for images exclusively. This hosting type is appropriate if you wish to share a great number of pictures with friends or associates since the service is generally free of charge. You will obtain a randomly generated link for every pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for websites.
- Email hosting: a service committed to handling your email addresses. Some corporations offer site hosting services for web pages, but do not provide an e-mail solution. If you would like to own a mail address with your domain name but do not want to keep a website, then the email hosting service is what you want. You can create mailbox accounts and manage them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a particular video file, or you can embed the video file in your web site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of using this method in lieu of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video file generates a certain amount of CPU load, so with a bunch of video clips and a few hundred web page visitors, you may have trouble with your site hosting reserves. Embedding the video will permit you to manage as many videos as you wish without bothering about system reserves.
- Web site hosting: this is the service that you need if you wish to keep a web site. To a certain degree, it includes all of the aforesaid hosting sorts since, along with your web sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can keep databases and email mailbox accounts, upload video clips, and so on. At Spinal Cord, for example, you can explore web hosting and dedicated web hosting accounts that enable you to get all of the aforesaid solutions in one single place. There may be limits based on the kind of hosting solution that you've chosen - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web site hosting plan may be better or worse compared with the routine e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are meant for particular content exclusively.